Tuesday, September 1, 2015

This Little Light

You may be asking yourself, “Has GLJ gone off the rails? Has he abandoned his life to sit drooling over a keyboard and ranting like a maniac?”

Oh ye of little faith.

First of all, I hope that my posts and blogs don’t come across as rants and rages. Someone told me I need not fear, that my concise, focused, well-honed writing wouldn’t be mistaken for “rants”.

I hope he was right.

I’ll tell you a story.

I really wanted to volunteer for the Bernie Sanders campaign. Circumstances did not allow me to participate in the categories that were specified at his campaign website. So I looked around and asked what CAN I do?

Here’s what I came up with:
1. I’m a deep thinker.
2. I’m a highly skilled writer.
3. I’m a highly skilled communicator.
4. It’s been proven repeatedly around the world that social media are effective tools for spreading messages, advancing causes. The Sanders campaign is benefiting hugely from this.

So this is what I can do…I can participate in this way.

I know that my audience is comparatively small. But we sang a song in Sunday School…“This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine.”

And even if I'm only preaching to the choir, I hope that the choir finds some encouragement.

You can help by sharing my FB posts and blogs when you appreciate them. “Likes” are encouraging and greatly appreciated, but “shares” put the ideas on the road.

From now on when you see one of my posts I hope you think, “There’s GLJ doing volunteer work again. Now what can I do?...”

And by the way, I’m writing songs and making visual art like a madman. A new set of songs will be available soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment